Monday 23 May 2016

Dear Mother In Law,

Why so bitter?

I know we will never like each other let alone be civil to each other but that is from both sides so I am fine with this completely.

I am not fine with the way that you treat your child. You kicked them out of your house because they chose to go on a holiday as an adult & you didn't like who they were going with. That is not what a loving mother does. You are meant to be there for your child & support their decisions & watch them grow in their independence.  Instead you haven't spoken to your child in nearly 3 years.

Do you even remember how to be a mother!? How to love your children?
Do you understand what loving unconditionally is?

I am not the one that ruined your life & relationship with your child. You did that all on your own. You made up lies about all the people you didn't like so that your child would stick beside you & not have a life. Your child was so sheltered till I came along & taught them how to stand up to you & to others. But no you can't see that as a good thing you see that as a time to write them off & have nothing to do with them.

You have now blocked your child out of your life completely. You don't have each others cellphone numbers. You have blocked them off Facebook & they are not allowed near your property. I wouldn't even be surprised if you have told people you only have two children instead of three.

I hope you know that your child now has a wonderful relationship with their father again after your screwed that up & stopped them from speaking for two years.

I hope you know that your child has a wonderful relationship with their Auntie (your sister) as she has now taken your place & treats your child with so much love & respect it is amazing to see.

Yes I know you hate me & I strongly dislike you too but I have never ever stopped your child from having a relationship with you like you have tried to stop me, this is all your own fault that your child now never ever wants to see you again.

You need to realise that I am now in this for the long haul. We are buying a house together in a year & then we plan to finally get married & start our own family. Yes this means that I will officially be your Daughter in Law & the mother of your grandchildren.

I can not turn off my feelings for your child & they can't turn off theirs for me. We are in love have been for years & for years we have let you & your family control this & run away from each other well not anymore.

Your child is a whole different person these days. So independent & strong & at a stage in their life that they are starting to love themselves instead of hurting themselves & being angry all the time.

It is time to accept this and move on with your life instead of sitting being bitter about everything around.

I won (not that it was a competition). You drove them right into my arms.

So why so bitter?

Regards,
Your Daughter In Law

No comments:

Post a Comment